The Loyalty Forge VoIP service fully supports fax, complete with ECM via Grandstream HandyTone ATAs (HT801, HT802, and HT812). Several settings must be configured on the HandyTone device in order to support fax processing.
- Update to the latest firmware at http://www.grandstream.com/support/firmware. Version 184.108.40.206 is known to work.
Select “FXS Port 1” from the title bar to configure
- Primary SIP Server: sip.loyaltyforge.com
- NAT Traversal: Keep-Alive
- SIP User ID: Provided to you by Loyalty Forge
- Authenticate ID: Same as SIP User ID
- Authenticate Password: Provided to you by Loyalty Forge
- Register Expiration: 1 minute
- Local SIP Port: 5060
- Allow Incoming SIP Messages from SIP Proxy Only: Yes
Still on the “FXS Port 1” screen, configure:
- Disable Call-Waiting: Yes
- Disable Call-Waiting Caller ID: Yes
- Disable Call-Waiting Tone: Yes
Jitter and Echo
Finally, further down the screen, configure:
- Jitter Buffer Type: Fixed
- Jitter Buffer Length: High
- Disable Line Echo Canceller: Yes
- Disable Network Echo Suppressor: Yes
- Test that outbound and inbound fax is working by sending a fax to HP’s faxback service at 500.
- Test that ECM is working – t38fax.com has an online test at https://foip.t38fax.com/ecm-self-test